Introductory Videos to the topic of Light
What is light, and how can the smallest packages of this energy be visualized?
Education for sustainable development
Some experiments that show how current problems can be solved in order to achieve sustainable development.
Fluorescence, Phosphorescence, Chemiluminescence
Fluorescence, Phosphorescence, Chemiluminescence are types of luminescence. In each of these processes, light is emitted: For Flurescence and Phosphorescence after the absorption of light. For the chemiluminescence as the result of a chemical reaction.
- Photoluminescence - Color by Emission of Light
- Fluorescence of Esculin
- Preparation of a Phosphorescent Sample
- Duration of Phosphorescence of Fluorescein-Boric Acid-Samples at different Temperatures
- Duration and Colors of the Phosphorescence of H-Acid-Boric Acid-Samples
- Extending the Duration of Phosphorescence by Cooling
- Photoprotection of Chloropyll by β-Carotene
- Cold Incandescence
- Cold Incandescence
- Extinguishing the Cold Incandescence
- Reigniting the Cold Incandescence
Photochromism, Solvatochromism, Photosteady State
Photochromism describes the change of color of a substance when irradiated with light.
If the color of a substance is determined by the solvant used, then this is called Solvatochromism.
The Photosteady State is a chemical equilibrium that is created and sustained by irradiation with light.
Photogalvanic Cells are resemble regular galvanic cells. One of the half-cells is assembled using a photoelectrode, and this electrode needs to be irradiated with light in order to generate electricity.
- Assembly of a titanium dioxide photoelectrode
- Assembly of a photogalvanic 2-Pot-Cell
- Assembly of a photogalvanic 1-pot-cell
- Assembly of a photogalvanic compact cell
- Directions on photosesibilisation
- Operation of a motor using a photogalvanic compact cell
- Powering a Motor with a photogalvanic One-Pot-Cell
- With Raspberry Juice Sensibilized Photogalvanic One-Pot-Cell
- Photogalvanic One-Pot-Cell with Flash Lights
- Compact Cells in Sun Light
- Preparation and Investigation of the Compact Cell
- Preparation and Investigation of a Gel Compact Cell
- Preparation and Investigation of two gel compact cells connected in parallel
Photo Redox Reactions
Photo redox reactions are redox reactions, powered by light.
- Photosynthesis - A case for two (part 1 of 2)
- Photosynthesis - A case for two (part 2 of 2)
- Photocatalytic Generation of Hydrogen
- Photochemical generation of hydrogen using the PBB-Experiment in a One-Pot-Configuration
- Photoelectrochemical reduction of methylene blue
- Production of Oxygen using Waterweed
- Detection of Oxygen released by Photosynthesis
OLED / OPV
OLEDs are organic light-emitting diodes. OLEDs are used in modern displays.
OPV are organic solar cells (organic photovoltaics).
Z-/E- (cis-trans) Isomerisations
Z-/E- or cis-/trans- isomerizations are changes in the configuration of a molecule. This change can be induced thermally or with light.
How is ozone produced and broken down? How does it protect us from UV light and what effects does it have on our bodies? And how is the ozone layer attacked by C(F)Cs?